Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A House of Order

Everyday it seems like there is so much I want to get done, and I think I only accomplish half of it, on a good day. I can't believe how much time Aaron and I had before kids, holy cow that was a luxury. I thought we were busy then, boy was I wrong. When Tatton came along I felt like I had no time, I was constantly carrying around and taking care of a baby all day. I look back now and realize how spoiled he was. My goodness did I use my time unwisely then. Now with Tatton and Lincoln, I say I hardly have time to get anything done which is more true than it has been now but I know I can do more if I become more organized. And I have to become better with my time because I'm pretty sure that we'll be even busier the older our kids get and the more we have which is a little frightening! ah! So I'm saying so long to the days of still being in jammies at lunch time, no more waiting until I don't have clean underoos to do laundry, no more going to bed with dirty dishes still in the sink, no more scattered and cluttered craft room, no more Tatton finding a dead bug on the floor and telling me that I need to vacuum!! I'm sure you guys think I'm gross, it's really not that bad all the time, some days are just worse than others. I've seen so many crafty cute ways to be organized, which unfortunately involves a lot of time (that I don't have) to sit down and make all those crafty things first, and then go through the house to organize it. But alas, that's my goal. My house is getting a complete makeover and I'm going to schedule and plan out my days and hopefully feel good at the end of the day knowing that I did everything that I needed and wanted to. "A house of order" really is important and I've slowling been learning what that means to me. Being organized and being able to stay on top of the cleaning/laundry and start each day clean means I don't have to spend most of the morning cleaning up from the night before which means I have more time to devote to actually playing with my kids and at nap time I can have some me time to scrapbook, blog, sew, create things and not feel guilty, instead of using that time to do laundry or mop the floor or something that I don't look forward to. Anyway, that's my rant about that. I wish there were more hours in the day, less sleep time and more awake time to just do everything, and more sleeptime for kids would be nice. But since that's not going to happen I'm going to make the best of the time I do have... starting tomorrow, since I've used the boys' naptime to blog and search out some crafty organizational things today...

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, Kara. Don't we all feel like that? I know I do. I pledge to work on my house, too. I came home from vacation and have the urge to whip this place into serious shape. I'll check on you if you check on me?

Kellie said...

I can so relate to your feelings on this. It's hard and definitely something that all of us mothers face on a daily basis. Where did you find your organizational things that you're intending to use? Please do share. Even if you email them to me. ksbess@msn.com

Can't wait to hear how it goes for you! :)

Lauren Tatton said...

Your awesome! I want to be better to but I know Im spoiled! Cant wait to see you!

Ashley said...

Thanks for checking up on me! And....I actually HAVE been working and it feels so good to have organized closets and cupboards. I still have a ways to go but at least I've made some progress!